NICE into Action: the role of quality standards
Monday 15 October 2018 | 12.30pm to 1.15pm
NICE quality standards set out priority areas for quality improvement in health and social care. They cover areas where there is variation in care and are aimed at anyone wanting to improve the quality of services.
This second of four NICE into Action webinars focuses on helping all allied health professionals (AHPs) to understand the role of NICE quality standards in supporting local service and quality improvement.
By the end of the webinar you will:
- understand the role of NICE quality standards in reducing unwarranted variation and supporting quality improvement
- understand the difference between NICE quality standards and guidelines
- know where to find quality standards on the NICE website
- know how to use the standards locally to support better outcomes for patients and service users, using examples from AHPs who have done this
- understand the practical tools available to support the use of quality standards in practice.
This webinar is open to all who are interested, but will be particularly useful to:
- Allied health professionals
- Professional leads for one or more of the allied health professions
- Directors and associate directors of AHP services
- Local, regional and national AHP leaders
- Improvement and transformation leads with responsibility for AHP services
- Professional bodies and networks for the allied health professions
This webinar series has been produced in partnership with NICE and with a number of allied health professionals, and support priority 3 of AHPs into Action. All webinars in the series will be recorded and available online after the event.