Register below for the next Fertility and Sterility Journal Club Global:
"The efficacy of PGT-A: an RCT"Date: Thursday, January 16, 2020
Time: 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Santiago Munne, Ph.D., along with coauthors Alan Handyside, Ph.D., Tony Gordon, Ph.D., and Susan Willman, M.D., will be joined by experts in the field including Richard Paulson, M.D., and Glenn Schattman, M.D. to discuss the recent Fertility and Sterility paper, "Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy versus morphology as selection criteria for single frozen-thawed embryo transfer in good-prognosis patients: a multicenter randomized clinical trial."
- Did the use of PGT-A increase live birth rate in this trial? Who benefitted, and who did not?
- How is this data from an RCT similar or different from other data (RCT and cohorts)?
- What factors may have contributed to different finding based on age?
- Do we need more RCTs on this question? And how should they be designed?
- What are the advantages and pitfalls of analyses such as ITT, per protocol and post hoc? Does the outcome differ in each analysis?
This Journal Club Global will be hosted by Erica Johnstone, M.D., M.H.S, with the REI program at the University of Utah, and by Fertility and Sterility's Video and New Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Chief Scientific Officer, CooperGenomics
School of Biosciences, University of Kent