NICE into Action: an AHP's guide to NICE
Monday 10 September 2018 | 12.30pm to 1.15pm
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) provides national guidance and advice to improve outcomes for people using the NHS, public health and social care services.
This is the first in a series of four NICE into Action webinars designed to help allied health professionals (AHPs) understand, engage with, and get involved with NICE’s work in developing evidence-based guidelines.
By the end of this webinar you will have a greater understanding of NICE’s role in improving health and social care and how it develops guidelines, including:
- NICE’s role and place in the health and care system
- the principles that underpin the way NICE develops its guidelines
- the different types of guidance and advice products available from NICE and how to access them
- how AHPs are supporting guideline development
- how you and your organisation or network can influence guideline development.
This webinar is open to all who are interested, but will be particularly useful to:
- Allied health professionals
- Professional leads for one or more of the allied health professions
- Directors and associate directors of AHP services
- Local, regional and national AHP leaders, including higher education institutes
- Professional bodies and networks for the allied health professions
This webinar series has been produced in partnership with NICE and a number of allied health professionals, and support priority 3 of AHPs into Action. The webinars aim to support greater uptake of NICE guidance by AHPs, and will profile AHPs who are actively supporting NICE in developing guidelines and implementing them into practice. All webinars in the series will be recorded and available online after the event.