Join Shepherd and Wedderburn and Bidwells for our Royal Highland Show breakfast briefing recorded on Friday 18 June 2021. This annual event brings together rural leaders to share their unique perspectives on the key issues, opportunities and challenges facing the rural sector in Scotland.
This year’s panel discussion will focus on sustainability in Scottish agriculture and the green recovery, discussing the impact of climate change on future land use in Scotland including:
- the current impact of climate change on Scottish agriculture and how will the sector respond;
- sustainable agriculture in Scotland against a changing international trade backdrop;
- how net zero ambitions can be achieved in farming and how this will be funded;
- restoring the biodiversity balance in a modern agricultural environment; and
- what government can do to help.
Sustainable agriculture: how can responsible land use address the climate crisis? will be chaired by Hamish Lean
, Partner and Head of Rural Property at Shepherd and Wedderburn. Hamish will be joined by an expert panel: Andy Turnbull
, Partner and Head of Natural Capital & Sustainable Investment at Bidwells; Sarah-Jane Laing
, Director and Chief Executive at Scottish Land & Estates; and Andrew Connon
, Vice President of NFU Scotland.