Radon Gas Barriers - The SPF Advantage
May 28th, 2020 and 1 PM EST | FREE
Earn 1 AIA CEU.
Radon gas is the number 2 cause of lung cancer in North America behind smoking and is prevalent in the vast majority of homes at some level.
Local codes are now demanding radon gas testing and mandating the inclusion of some form of radon mitigation strategy in all residential new construction. Home sellers are now having to provide a radon evaluation to the home buyer. But what do we do if our home has high levels of Radon or the plot of land we intend to build on contains high levels of Radon gas?
This presentation will provide valuable insight into various radon barrier materials, how to use them, and their effectiveness. We will highlight the use of closed-cell spray foam, its advantages, and benefits to the builder and homeowner.
- Participants can explain what Radon is, its effects and how to implement code compliant strategies for the built environment
- Participants can identify Building Code requirements for radon and soil gas control
- Participants can explain the various materials and specific advantages of each
- Participants will understand passive and active abatement methods
- Participants can create high performance envelope assemblies to address energy conservation and radon control