Responsible lending in a lockdown
In this webinar, a panel of experts from Equifax and AccountScore will explore and define how lenders can deploy new strategies to lend responsibly, in an environment that’s new to everyone. The panel will discuss the following:
New and existing borrowing – how to assess creditworthiness when it’s in flux
- FCA expectations for firms to engage sympathetically with customers – what stance is the regulator taking?
- Immediate challenges - how are lenders and CRAs responding?
- Making credit worthiness and affordability assessments in lockdown – what assumptions might we have previously taken for granted, that we now need to review?
How can lenders factor fluid financial circumstances into decisions?
- As millions of consumers face changes to their personal finances and employment, how can holistic and up to date financial data be obtained and what signals can be obtained from the data?
- The role of Open Banking, how does it compare with CRA data?
- In this unprecedented climate, does your approach to affordability, and assessing financial health of your customers, need to be reviewed?
- Looking beyond the next three months, what can firms do now to prepare for the rest of the year and beyond?
Vulnerability – is everyone vulnerable now?
- The tools available to lenders, how they can be more diligent and alert than ever,to indicators of vulnerability at the point of sale, and existing borrowing.
- What does good practice look like in the next two quarters, that satisfies customer and regulatory expectations?