Register below for the next Fertility and Sterility Journal Club Global:
RCT results evaluating vaginal vs. IM progesterone for frozen embryo transfer
Date: Originally Aired: March 15, 2018
Kate Devine, M.D., and her coauthors Eric Widra, M.D., Kevin Richter, Ph.D., and Jeffrey McKeeby, M.D. will be joined by experts in the field including Tom Toth, M.D., Denis Vaughan, M.D., and Mary Sammel, Sc.D., to discuss the recent Fertility and Sterility manuscript, "Vitrified blastocyst transfer cycles using only vaginal progesterone replacement with Endometrin have inferior ongoing pregnancy rates: Results from the planned interim analysis of a three-arm randomized controlled non-inferiority trial."
Questions to be addressed include:
- Does route of progesterone supplementation effect pregnancy rates?
- How does timing of initiation of luteal support effect pregnancy rates?
- Can one extrapolate results for FET to fresh transfer?
- What is the correct outcome of a RCT: birth rate or miscarriage rate?
- What are the pros and cons of a non-inferiority randomized clinical trial?
The Journal club will be hosted by William Gibbons M.D., from Baylor College of Medicine. The event will be moderated by Fertility and Sterility's Video and Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E. at the University of Pennsylvania.
Commercial Interest Listed in Biography