Managing Falls Risk: Improving Quality in Senior Living
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
1PM ET/ 12PM CT
Every 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency department for a fall, so managing fall risk is a key quality indicator. In this webinar, you will learn the forces behind increased fall rates as well as risk signs to watch for. We will share specific medications that can cause and prevent falls and will identify red flags that are a sign of fall risk. We’ll also discuss areas to review and evaluate to decrease fall risk.
Attendees will finish the webinar with more knowledge of:
- Market forces that can strain a community’s resources to keep residents safe and lead to higher fall rates
- Common causes and risks related to falls.Interventions that have shown to be effective deterrents and ways to increase safety
- Red flags that could indicate increased fall risk or frequency and point to larger issues so they can be resolved
- The role that factors such as history, environment, medications and underlying conditions play in assessing and evaluating
- Support and resources — where to find more information
By watching this program live in its entirety, you can earn (1) CE credit!