How Marley Spoon protects its produce with automatic monitoring
Every 60 seconds Food Producers waste $1.4 million. (Source: World Food Clock)
Food producers experiencing perishable losses due to faulty temperature control in their facilities can cause a devastating impact on their financial status and potentially customer health. Fruits, Vegetables, Meats, Seafood, Dairy, Beverages, Grains and other Ingredients, can all be at risk.
In this valuable case study webinar, Food Quality & Safety addresses waste problems and the latest advances to prevent such issues:
• Marley Spoon, a meal kit delivery service company in Europe, Australia, and the United States understands how slight variance in temperature can be the difference between thousands of meals, and thousands of dollars in waste.
• Marley Spoon’s Sydney operation narrowly avoided a huge stock loss. One Saturday night, a cold room door wasn’t closed properly in one of its distribution centers. The temperature in the cold room, containing over $100k of produce, started to rise. No one was on site at the time.
• Sofia Dias, Head of Quality & Safety at Marley Spoon’s received a text message alerting her that the temperatures were headed outside of critical range.
• Fortunately, Marley Spoon had already invested in automated inspections with SafetyCulture Sensors, which triggered an alert.
• After receiving the alert Ms. Dias sent someone to investigate. She had the problem resolved within the hour.
• Learn how Sofia at Marley Spoon set up sensors at iAuditor to achieve peace of mind that their inventory would be protected – even with no one on site.
In this webinar, Food Quality & Safety addresses temperature control methods that food producers can apply to your businesses to ensure your stock (and customers) are safe. Join us to learn more about:
• What are the safety and financial implications
• What are the best options for temperature monitoring
• How to ensure a sensors network is best applied to your business
• How software can apply to other compliance solutions
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Professional Editor, Food Quality & Safety