Register now and learn more about Waste to Energy
The panelists will discuss the challenges of implementing waste-to-energy projects, possible financing methods and look at a case study of a regional scheme.
Waste to Energy
As the region’s utilities seek to diversify energy sources and reduce carbon emissions, waste-to-energy is emerging as an attractive proposition throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
Waste-to-energy technology has the key advantage of not only providing an alternative clean energy source for power generation, but also reducing the amount of waste that is often sent to landfill.
MEED, in partnership with Siemens, will hold a special webinar on the growing opportunities for waste-to-energy in the Middle East.We will be joined by three experts to discuss the growing rationale for waste-to-energy in the Middle East, the benefits of adopting the technology and what is required to implement a successful waste-to-energy project.
- Why are the region’s utilities beginning to look at waste-to-energy as an alternative energy source?
- What are the main technologies behind developing waste-to-energy plants?
- What types of waste can be used for producing power – ie residential or industrial?
- In addition to developing the main plant – what other infrastructure is required to ensure successful delivery of waste-to-energy facilities?
- Where have waste-to-energy projects been most successful to date? What has been key to their success?
- What are the options for financing waste-to-energy plants? Can PPP be harnessed to cover capital costs?
- What waste-to-energy projects are currently in operation or under construction in the Middle East and North Africa?
- Where do you see the most potential for developing waste-to-energy in the region?
- How important is government regulation and legislation in ensuring a successful waste management/waste-to-energy sector?
- What are the key challenges for regional utilities in developing waste-to-energy projects? How can these be overcome to ensure successful project delivery and operation?
Siemens Middle East
Please complete the form below to receive your joining instructions