Selective Progesterone Receptor Modulates (SPRM) for the treatment of heavy bleeding associated with fibroids
Originally Aired: March 7, 2019
Sukhbir Singh, M.D., Christian Seitz, M.D., and Kathrin Petersdorf, M.D., will be joined by experts in the field including William Catherino, M.D., Ph.D., and David Archer, M.D., to discuss their recent Fertility and Sterility manuscript, "Vilaprisan in women with uterine fibroids: the randomized phase 2b ASTEROID 1 study." Questions and issues to be addressed include:
- What is the mechanism of action of a SPRM on fibroid-related symptoms?
- What is the expected reduction in bleeding that can be expected with Vilaprisan treatment?
- What are the expected side effects and safety of treatment?
- What are the challenges in the conduct of a multicenter RCT accessing a new therapy?
- What is expected for the future in regards to the development of SPRM and a clinical therapy?
This Journal Club Global will be hosted by Richard Burney, M.D., and the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellowship at Madigan Army Medical Center. The event will be moderated by Fertility and Sterility's Video and Media Editor, Kurt Barnhart, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ottawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University
Eastern Virginia Medical School