Advancing the Culture and Clonogenic Analysis of Gastrointestinal Stem Cells
Tuesday, June 12th 2018 at 11:00 am CST / 4:00 pm GMT
The gastrointestinal tract is one of the most regenerative organs in the body. It is also the site of multiple chronic inflammatory conditions and neoplasia. In this webinar, the inventors of MimEX™ GI, Drs. Wa Xian and Frank McKeon, will talk about their work advancing model systems of the gastrointestinal tract. Specifically, they will discuss how to utilize adult gastrointestinal stem cells, which can be clonogenically cultured, differentiated, and analyzed as described in Wang, X. et al (2015) Nature 522:173.
They will discuss how the MimEX GI system is vastly more simple and robust than the iPSC and organoid platforms that presently dominant the analysis of intestinal stem cells. You will learn why this innovative culture system enables the dissection of stem cell heterogeneity underlying human disease and is ideal for genome editing, autologous transplantation, large scale pathway analysis, and drug testing.
Topics to be Covered:
- Isolation of “ground-state” gastrointestinal stem cells
- Their proliferative advantage over organoids
- Regional epigenetic commitment of gastrointestinal stem cells
- Clonal accessibility for genome editing and autologous transplantation
- Other advantages over both iPSC and organoid systems
- Overview of MimEX GI reagents and media