Webinar: Sanctions – cross border review and impact on business
Tuesday 4 June 2019
09:00 – 10:00 (EDT)
14:00 – 15:00 (BST)
15:00 – 16:00 (CET)
Global economic sanctions regulations present a particularly complex and ever-changing mix of law, policy, economics, and international relations that must be navigated with great care. Recently, US sanctions regulations with respect to Russia, Iran, and Venezuela have expanded considerably. EU sanctions considerations have also grown more complex. Moreover, the EU Blocking Regulation has complicated the approach to mitigating sanctions risk for many. With aggressive enforcement by regulators and penalties for sanctions violations reaching new heights, the need for informed decision-making and robust compliance programs has never been greater.
This seminar will provide an overview of recent developments in the US, EU, Germany and UK sanctions regimes and the Blocking Regulation, focussing on the current state of play with respect to issues of enforcement and other practical considerations.
In this webinar we will look at:
- Recent developments in US sanctions: Russia, Iran, Venezuela, Focus on Adequacy of Compliance Programs.
- Recent developments in EU sanctions and changes to the legal framework governing boycott declarations in Germany.
- The Blocking Regulation and mitigating risk.
- Pragmatic solutions for you and your business operating across these regions.
Speakers will be drawn from:
- Sterling Darling, Senior US Associate, Washington Dispute Resolution Practice
- Doug Davison, Partner, Washington Dispute Resolution Practice
- Elly Proudlock, Counsel, London Dispute Resolution Practice
- Sean Solomon, Senior US Associate, Washington Dispute Resolution Practice
- Kerstin Wilhelm, Partner, Munich Dispute Resolution Practice